Join the 6th Annual Angels & Sparrows Family 5K this coming Thursday, November 23, 2017. The event will take place at Fleet Feet Sports Huntersville in Birkdale Village.
The Angels & Sparrows Family 5K is open to everyone, so make sure to invite your family, relatives, neighbors, and friends! Joining the run is the perfect way to kick off the holiday season!
This year, the race will have two starting times – faster runners are encouraged to start at 8am, while runners bringing their dogs (make sure they’re leashed) or those with baby carriages can start at 8:10am. Participants will be running along the Greenway, and a water station will be set up at the 1.5-mile marker. Donuts and bagels, as well as hot chocolate, coffee, and water will be served during the event, and the Angels & Sparrows Food Truck will be available on-site.
Also new this year is a pre-trot stretch session hosted by BenchMark Physical Therapy – and a new water station for your dogs.
- Individual Trotter ($20) – All Individual Trotters get a raffle ticket for a chance to win incredible prizes.
- Family Trotters ($50) – All members of the family can join the run for only $50! Each trotter gets a raffle ticket for a chance to win prizes. For guests arriving from out of town, up to 12 family members are eligible to register.
- Donation – Those who would like to join but will be unable to attend the event can still offer a donation to Angels & Sparrows Soup Kitchen.
- Sponsor ($100) – Sponsors can promote their product or service during the event. Business owners must provide their own table and display materials. Setup will begin at 6am.
For tickets and other information, visit the Angels & Sparrow’s Family 5K Eventbrite page.
About Angels & Sparrows Soup Kitchen
Angels & Sparrows Soup Kitchen is a non-profit, volunteer-run organization dedicated to fighting hunger in Huntsville, Cornelius, Davidson, and unincorporated areas throughout North Mecklenburg County. Located at 514 Old Statesville Road, the kitchen offers free, nourishing meals Mondays to Fridays from 11am-1pm, all year round.
Angels & Sparrows currently has a roster of over 200 volunteers preparing and serving food for around 120 to 175 people every weekday.
If you’re interested in volunteering for Angels & Sparrows, you can fill out their Volunteer Application Form here.
Volunteers are required to be at least 18 years of age, although there are occasional projects wherein families with children are invited to serve (these are usually held during the spring and summer months).
For a list of upcoming events, take a look at this page.
Donating to Angels & Sparrows
Angels & Sparrows accepts monetary donations, as well as food and other essential items.
If you’d like to offer a donation, some of the items on their needs list are:
- Canned stocks (vegetable, chicken, beef)
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Paper products (6? dessert plates, 8 oz styrofoam soup bowls, 2-ply napkins and paper towels)
- Freezer bags (gallon, quart)
You can get in touch with Angels & Sparrows by calling (704) 918-0122 or leaving them a message on their website’s contact page.